Wednesday 26 September 2012

Preliminary Task - Evaluation of Photo Shoot

By Emma Hall


  1. The photo shoot was well organised, and we got through the shots quite quickly. My model turned up with all the right costume and props. The ticket props made were a bit too small for the camera to pick up on any detail, and as they were made out of paper, they were a bit flimsy and wavered a bit in the wind. We moved around the locations efficiently and the only problems during shooting were when the light came in on occasion and was too bright for the model to look into. However this was overcome by changing the model's pose slightly to combat the sun. However the camera we used had a memory card that didn't fit with the memory card readers in college. This led to delays with being able to upload the photographs after the shoot. Next time, we will have to bring in a multi-card reader from home, to ensure the photographs can be uploaded promptly.
  2. So far, I have learnt that where the light is can affect the shot seriously when shooting outside as the sun can be too bright to look into, and can leave the figure in darkness if the sun is behind them. Another key point is how the background is framed, as when photographing for a magazine, you have to keep in your head how your magazine looks, and things like whether the text will show up against a certain colour. It is also a good idea to look around where your going to shoot before the day, so you know exactly what will be in your shot in terms of colours, and whether it is physically possible to fit all the aspects you want into the photograph.
  3. I have learnt a lot about using Adobe, as I had never used it before. I can now open a blank page to the A4 size, and import, crop and recolour a photograph, using the colour replacement tool. I also know how to make the background of an image transparent, and how to add a multitude of shapes into my blank page. In addition to this I have also learnt how to insert text into my page. I have also begun to understand how to fine tune the tools I use, like by resizing brush tools, and changing fonts and colours. Also, I can use the fill tool to change the background colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment